How to Make Your Room Look Its Best according to Nate Berkus
- Your home is an expression of you. Before you buy one more thing for your home, stop and think about what really makes you happy.
- Hang something other than artwork on your walls, like antique objects or your favorite collectibles.
- Frame meaningful notes to hang on your walls or to put on end tables or bookshelves.
- Bookcases aren't just for books anymore: Mix souvenirs from vacations in with your books.
- Put books on display that spark your interest.
- Replace harsh overhead lighting with a few cool lamps.
- For a sophisticated look for not a lot of money, include one piece of sea life, like a starfish or some coral.
- One odd, unmatched chair that you love can add extra charm to a room.